Monday, November 25, 2013

Spill It: The Green Product Junkie's *Come As You Are* Beauty Tag. What's in your makeup bag...right this minute!


Back in the 50s and 60s, they used to have something called, "Come As You Are" parties.  Now, if the name isn't obvious enough, allow me to explain...

You'd receive an invite in the mail, and you had to show up at the party (whenever it was scheduled for) dressed exactly as you were when you received the invite.  Now, if you had any bit of personality, you showed up dressed completely ridiculously to make all of your friends laugh uncontrollably (and wonder what the heck was going on in your home).  My parents went to one and the pictures were hilarious, so now I'd love to single-handedly bring that back...in a green blogger kinda way.

My beauty tag is a "Come As You Are" party for the makeup bag.  This means that I want to see exactly what's in your makeup bag AS YOU NOW READ THIS.  However...I don't want you to add things, to run and go get something to make yourself look cooler (how would that be possible, anyway?) Just simply, SPILL IT. That's right, spill your makeup bag on the table, the carpet, the couch and take a picture and then explain what you've got and what's going on in there.  Have fun and remember...no staging, let's keep this real.  

Couleur Caramel Cils Long Mascara & Brow Pencil - I love this mascara, but only for the top lashes as I think it would smudge on the lower ones.  It's my favorite mascara for volume and kapow.  Oh, and I love their brow pencil.  I'm not sure why, but I always have.  It's got a great little brow brush on one end, too.  Disco!

Dr. Hauschka Plum/White Eyeliner Duo - This is my favorite liner, but for some reason they stopped making this color and this is my last one (insert groan here).  I usually just apply it on the upper lid and the inside upper lid and it naturally smudges to give a slightly smoky eye...perfect for the girl who thinks black is a bit scary.

RMS Beauty - Wow, I never noticed how much RMS I carry around.  No wonder my bag is heavy!  I've got Demure Lip2Cheek, Lunar Cream Shadow, "Un" Coverup in 11, Living Luminizer and Bloom Lip Shine.

EcoTools Retractable Foundation Brush - I love this brush as it stays nice and clean for carrying and it's eco-friendly...always my goal.

Preserve Tongue Cleaner & Mint Toothpicks - Made from recycled yogurt cups, I've got these tongue cleaners in all my bags and in my bathroom.  I love Preserve.  If you don't know about their recycling practices, you should go to their site.  I love their minty toothpicks, too.

W3ll People Narcissist Foundation - What can I say?  My go-to foundation.  Light coverage, evens out skin tone, smells great and is so easy to use.  Oh, and it doesn't cake or look dry.

Tsi-La Perfume in Fiori D'Arancio - I love this lil guy.  So great to have in my makeup bag when I just want to smell pretty...on the sly.

Studio 78's Concealer "Off We Go" - If I forget this concealer, I will implode.  Okay, that's being dramatic, but between the awesome concealer and the fantastic little mirror on the inside top cover, it's a staple.  If I'm feeling dry, I'll put some RMS "Un" Coverup on top.

Zuzu Mascara - I use this on my lower lids because it NEVER flakes or smudges.  I also use it on my upper, but find myself wanting more up volume up there, hence the Couleur Caramel.  This gives a natural, pretty look.

Alima Pure Baila Lip Tint - This is from the new Kristen Arnett Me Encanta Makeup Collection.  It's so smooth and glossy feeling, I can't wait until I beg Alima enough that they start making these in pinks and brighter colors (I've already started..hee, hee)  Oh, and the scent of Cocoa is delicious.

Living Nature Lip Pencil - The color is Laughter and it's almost done, but I have a new one in my stash. This is a great neutral pencil.  

Jane Iredale Lip Gloss in Sugar Plum - This is a favorite of mine and I always carry this around.  It's a pretty medium coverage gloss in a great hot-ish pink.

Maison Scotch Makeup Bag - I love my new makeup bag.  You can't beat getting a pretty one...when I take it out, I feel happy.

Laura Mercier Lip Brush - Someone gave me this in a mini-set of brushes.  It's the only brand here that isn't green...but it's only a lip brush, so take that!

A comb - Uhm...who cares who makes it?

Thanks for playing and the rules are that you need to tag some other green beauty bloggers, keep the title as it is and, of course, have the best time.  

I'm tagging people who are probably far, far too busy to do this, like:  Life In BlushPemberley Jones (don't kill me), Green Beauty Bunny, 312 Beauty and Beauty by Britanie.

10 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I finally have a full set of green makeup after switching to all natural a few months ago. Love reading about what others like to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please feel free to do this tag if you'd like. Everyone is invited and it's fun for the whole family (not really, but it sounded good). Ha!

      Delete
  2. Hmm just discovered some past Blogger profiles I had but stopped using! Ok, emptying my MU bag right now...

    1) RMS Beauty Living Luminizer & Un-cover up 22

    2) W3LL People Narcissist foundation/concealer #3

    3) Alima Pure Eyeshadow in Chai (a really nice bronze shimmer, looks a bit like RMS Solar)

    4) Ilia Lipstick Crayon in Come Undone

    5) Vapour Organic Lipstick in Siren

    6) Eco Bella Botanicals Lip liner in Malt (full sized Goodebox sample!)

    7) Boscia green tea blotting papers

    8) Jane Iredale Active Light Undereye Concealer in #2

    9) Physicians Formula Organic Wear Fakeout mascara in Brown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love, love, love. It's funny, you and I have much of the same makeup. Thanks so much for posting this and being a part of it...and for reading, natch. Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  3. Well you just enlightened me to my next party theme. I'm likely too Type A to be that spontaneous though;)

    ALSO, I owe you an Instagram pic. I travel surprisingly light during the day --- my bag is filled with a few lip balms (ok....more like 10) and that's it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just lip balms? Sister, I thought you were a badass! Oh, well...I still like you. A lot.

      Delete
  4. Impressive makeup bag collection. I was going to do this tag..until I realized I have 3 items in it and I don't even carry it around half the time lol. Makeup junkie? Not I!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this! Would you recommend your favorite foundation for the winter? My mineral foundation is starting to really accentuate my dry spots so I'm looking for something that will help keep it moisturized or not aggravate my dry skin. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. First off, I recommend moisturizing with a great face oil like Kahina Argan Oil or SW Basics cream. Then, I recommend using a stick foundation like W3ll People or Vapour because they won't dry out your skin. LMK if you have any other questions!
      Thanks for reading, K

      Delete
  6. Thanks for posting all of this! Would you also recommend your favorite foundation for winter? I have a mineral foundation that seems to accentuate dry spots on my face so I'm looking to buy something that will moisturize my skin or not bring attention to my dry skin.

    ReplyDelete